During the ancient years, our predecessors had been using herbs in treating ailments and they are called as rejuvenators and restoratives. Herbs are also used in adapting stress, maintain balance, blood purifiers and support the natural processes of the body. Aside from treating ailments, herbs are also used as aromatics. In today’s modern world herbs for health are being promoted. In fact, there are herbs that are considered powerful due to their effective therapeutic value.
Powerful Herbs for Health
- Saw Palmetto – This herb has been used as primary treatment for enlarged prostate, sore throat, colds, bronchitis and migraines. It is also been used as diuretics and aphrodisiac.
- Valerian Root – It has sedative effects that enable it to treat signs of anxiety.
- Yucca Root – This herb is effective in treating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. It contains steroidal saponins that are used in formulating steroid drugs.
- St. John Warts – It is recommended to those people who commonly suffer depression. It helps in raising the mood levels at the same time in promoting the functions of the immune system.
- Milk Thistle – It is commonly used in detoxifying the liver and facilitate liver cell regeneration. This herb is a great help for people with liver disorders such as cirrhosis, hepatitis and jaundice.
- Horsetail – This is recommended for treating, edema, kidney stones, bladder stones and cystitis.
- Hawthorn Berry – The extract of this herb is widely used as cardio tonic and antioxidant. That is why it is recommended for people with heart failure.
- Golden Seal – This is another wonder herb that is used for treating different skin conditions. It contains anti-fungal and antibiotic properties.
- Ginseng – It helps in lowering cholesterol, enhancing cardiovascular function and improving brain functions.
- Echinacea – Used in fighting infections of the upper respiratory tract and also acts as blood purifier.
These herbs for health are commonly present in some dietary supplements and are considered to be beneficial to our body.